Empowering the Next Generation of Smart Spenders
Pacific Checking offers teens and college students (ages 25 and under) the opportunity to learn how to manage their own money, without monthly service fees. The account is opened with the teenager or student as primary owner. For ages 13-17, a parent or other responsible adult is also added to the account as joint owner.
Teens and Students Will Enjoy
- Their own Debit Mastercard® issued at the branch, with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay® compatibility
- Access to nearly 30,000 surcharge-free CO-OP Network ATMs, with many on college campuses
- A Mobile App¹ to deposit that financial aid check, find an ATM, or pay back friends
- No minimum balance requirement and no monthly service fee
- The ability to start an account with just $25
- Free checks, just in case they need to write one²
- The option to add Pacific Savings to store money and make automatic transfers when their checking balance is running low³
Parents of Teens Ages 17 & Under Will Also Appreciate
- Online transfers to the teen’s account for allowance, good grades, or anything else
- Parental controls within our Mobile App and website to
- Monitor the account balance and activity
- Turn off the Debit Mastercard® if they're overspending
- Set up alerts (text, push notification, or email) to stay in the know about transactions or if the account is nearing a low balance
Open Pacific Checking: Ages 13-17
Due to privacy laws surrounding online collection of minors’ personal information, we ask that a parent or other responsible adult visit any branch location to start the account. Please bring the teen's state-issued ID and their basic information (name, address, birthday, Social Security number). Although the teen is not required to be present, it's a valuable opportunity to learn how to do their own banking, so we recommend you bring them along!
¹Message and data rates may apply. Contact your mobile provider for details. For mobile check deposit, eligibility requirements and deposit limits apply. Funds from deposits may not be available for immediate withdrawal. Please refer to the Digital Banking User Agreement.
²One box of checks free per year for minors, Premier Members, or with Direct Deposit. Two boxes of checks free per year for Platinum Members. See Schedule of Fees & Charges disclosure for details.
³You may link your Pacific Checking account to your Pacific Savings. Please review the Account Agreement for details.
Membership in Orange County's Credit Union is available to anyone who lives or works in Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, or San Bernardino Counties. Don't live or work in our area? You may also qualify if your immediate family Member banks with us. Ask us for details. Membership fee is $5.
Immediate Family Includes:
Apple Pay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc. Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.