Empowering the Next Generation of Smart Spenders
Pacific Checking offers teens and students (ages 25 and under) the opportunity to learn how to manage their own money, without monthly service fees. The account is opened with the teenager or student as primary owner. For ages 13-17, a parent or other responsible adult must be added to the account as joint owner.
Teens and Students Will Enjoy
- Their own free Debit Mastercard® with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay® compatibility, plus zero-liability protection for unauthorized purchases¹
- Access to nearly 30,000 surcharge-free CO-OP Network ATMs, with many on college campuses
- A free 24/7 Mobile App² to deposit that financial aid check, find an ATM, or pay back friends
- No minimum balance requirement to maintain the account and no monthly service fee
- The ability to start an account with a minimum deposit of just $25
- Two free boxes of Credit Union custom-designed personal checks per year
- The option to add Pacific Savings to store money and make automatic transfers when their checking balance is running low³
- This account is eligible for overdraft services. Ask us for details.
- Free direct deposit and eStatements
- Access to our Member Resource Center, with free tools, helpful articles, and support through our partners at GreenPath to help you achieve your financial goals
- Relationship Rewards Program offering added Membership benefits and perks
Parents of Teens Ages 17 & Under Will Also Appreciate
- Online transfers to the teen’s account for allowance, good grades, or anything else
- Parental controls within our Mobile App² and website to
- Monitor the account balance and activity
- Set up alerts (text, push notification, or email) to stay in the know about transactions or if the account is nearing a low balance
Helpful Ways to Stay on Top of Your Account
Keep your account within reach with 24/7 access via Online or Mobile Banking²
Stay informed by setting customizable notifications for balances, transactions, and more²
Keep tabs on your balance and spending, including recurring transactions like subscriptions and memberships
Pacific Checking FAQs
Pacific Checking is made for teens and students, ages 13-25, as a starter checking account to build good money management skills for the future.
There is no monthly service fee for Pacific Checking, and no minimum balance requirement to maintain the account either.
Pacific Checking accounts are opened with the student Member as the primary owner. A parent or other responsible adult is also on the account as a joint owner.
The adult joint owner can make online transfers to the account at any time and can also use Mobile or Online Banking to monitor the account balance and activity, and set up text, email or push notification alerts.²
Yes. Your Credit Union Debit Mastercard is compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay®.
Orange County’s Credit Union belongs to the CO-OP ATM Network, a nationwide network of more than 30,000 ATMs that includes other credit unions, convenience stores, and other convenient locations. Use our ATM locator online or in Mobile Banking to find an ATM near you.
Open Pacific Checking: Ages 13-17
Due to privacy laws surrounding online collection of minors’ personal information, we ask that a parent or other responsible adult visit any branch location with the teen to start the account. Please bring the teen's state-issued ID and their basic information (name, address, birthday, Social Security number).
Membership requirements apply. $5 Membership fee. Additional terms and conditions apply and are subject to change. Refer to the Account Agreement, Truth-In-Savings, and Electronic Funds Transfers Disclosure Agreement, and Schedule of Fees for additional information. Ask us for details.
Must be 18 or older to open an account online. Accounts for individuals 17 and under must be opened in-person.
¹Certain restrictions apply. See mastercard.us/zero-liability for details. Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated, used pursuant to a license.
²Message and data rates may apply.
³You may link your Pacific Checking account to your Pacific Savings.
Apple Pay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc. Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.