Interest Checking Takes an Interest in You
This account is recommended for Members seeking an account that helps your money work harder by earning dividends.
- Minimum opening deposit of just $25
- Monthly service fee of $8 waived with one of the following:
- Direct deposit
- Average daily balance of $1,400
- Premier or Platinum Relationship Rewards levels
- Members age 62 or over
- No minimum balance requirement to maintain the account
- $600 minimum balance to earn dividends
- This account is eligible for overdraft services. Ask us for details.
- Free 24/7 Mobile App¹ access including alerts, check deposit, bill pay, transfers to friends or other banks, and more
- Free Debit Mastercard® with digital banking and surcharge-free access to nearly 30,000 CO-OP ATMs, plus zero-liability protection for unauthorized purchases²
- Free direct deposit and eStatements
- Two free boxes of Credit Union custom-design personal checks per year
- Access to our Member Resource Center, with free tools, helpful articles, and support through our partners at GreenPath to help you achieve your financial goals
- Relationship Rewards Program offering added Membership benefits and perks
Helpful Ways to Stay on Top of Your Account
Keep your account within reach with 24/7 access via Online or Mobile Banking¹
Stay informed by setting customizable notifications for balances, transactions, and more¹
Keep tabs on your balance and spending, including recurring transactions like subscriptions and memberships
Interest Checking FAQs
Interest Checking is ideal for Members who tend to keep a higher balance in their account and want to earn dividends. It comes with all the essentials of Basic Checking, plus the added benefit of earning dividends.
You can avoid the monthly service fee of $8 for Interest Checking a few different ways:
- Direct deposit of any amount to your account each month
- Keep an average daily balance of $1,400 or more
- Being a Premier or Platinum Relationship Rewards Member
- If you’re age 62 or older
Your dividends will be posted each month, and you can see it on your monthly statement or in your transactions in Mobile and Online Banking.
Yes. Your Credit Union Debit Mastercard is compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay®.
Orange County’s Credit Union belongs to the CO-OP ATM Network, a nationwide network of more than 30,000 ATMs that includes other credit unions, convenience stores, and other convenient locations. Use our ATM locator online or in Mobile Banking to find an ATM near you.
Membership requirements apply. $5 Membership fee. Additional terms and conditions apply and are subject to change. Refer to the Account Agreement, Truth-In-Savings, and Electronic Funds Transfers Disclosure Agreement, and Schedule of Fees for additional information. Ask us for details.
¹Message and data rates may apply.
²Certain restrictions apply. See mastercard.us/zero-liability for details. Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated, used pursuant to a license.
Apple Pay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc. Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.