Funds Transfer & Pay Other People
An additional benefit of Online Banking is the added convenience of Transfer Funds. There are two services available:
- Transfer Funds (Inter-Institution Transfers) - Members can conveniently transfer funds on the Internet between their accounts at any of more than 23,000 banks, credit unions, and brokerage firms.
- PopMoney® - Members can send funds to anyone via email or text message.
Transfer Funds lets you move funds between accounts. You can transfer money into your Orange County's Credit Union account from any of your other bank, credit union, brokerage, or investment accounts. Money may also be moved from your Orange County's Credit Union account into any other bank, credit union, brokerage, or investment accounts.
Transfer Funds options:
- Standard - transactions complete in three business days
- Next Day - transactions complete in one business day.
- PopMoney® - send money to an individual knowing only their email address or mobile phone number.
Your Orange County's Credit Union accounts (Share Savings*, Basic, Interest, and Better Than Free Checking, and Optimum Plus Money Market*) are enabled for this service. For all of your outside accounts, an account ownership verification process will need to be completed. The account verification process is a safeguard that help us make sure nobody sets up your accounts but you. The following external institution accounts may be added to your Portfolio:
- Checking accounts, savings accounts*, and money market* accounts held at any commercial bank or credit union nationwide that is able to accept ACH transfers.
- Investment accounts held at any of our affiliated online brokerage firms. A drop down list identifies these firms.
*Per Federal Regulatory Rule D, Transfer Funds transactions are considered one of not more than six (6) withdrawals or transfers to another Orange County's Credit Union account or to a third party by means of preauthorized or automatic transfers (Online Banking, ACH, EFT, Telephone Banking) that may be performed on a Share Savings account or Optimum Plus Money Market account during any statement period. This may also impact your savings and money market accounts at financial institutions other than Orange County's Credit Union. We recommend you contact your external institution for verification.